Thursday, June 11, 2015

A New Creation


For the next four Sundays the church hears readings from the Apostle Paul's second letter to the Corinthians. 2 Corinthians is crammed with great stuff!  Ok, I am a little excited about this. I can't help it. All I ask is that you give it a chance. I think maybe its contagious. At least I hope and pray it is.

I've outlined below the readings for each week. As I mentioned in last Sunday's sermon, I would like to ask you to do a bit of preparation for the sermon this coming Sunday by reading the appointed text. I've also included a brief excerpt of the verse on which I will likely focus. Although, please be advised that the Holy Spirit sometimes has other plans!

If you are not in the practice of sharing these posts with friends, now would be a good time to give it a try.  It is an easy way to engage in a bit of evangelism. Help share the light of Christ with others.

Third Sunday after Pentecost
Sunday, June 14, 2015
2 Corinthians 5:6–17

So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: 
everything old has passed away; 
see, everything has become new.


Fourth Sunday after Pentecost
Sunday, June 21, 2015
2 Corinthians 6:1–13

See, now is the acceptable time; 
see, now is the day of salvation! 


Fifth Sunday after Pentecost
Sunday, June 28, 2015
2 Corinthians 8:7–15

For you know the generous act of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, 
yet for your sakes he became poor, so that by his poverty you might become rich. 


Sixth Sunday after Pentecost
Sunday, July 5, 2015
2 Corinthians 12:2–10

Therefore, to keep me from being too elated, a thorn was given me in the flesh, . . . So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong.

I don't care which came first, this little peep is just so cute!
A New Creation

No comments:

Post a Comment